Life of a blogger, site suggestions, book suggestion, and a great article!


So the site has been light on content I know (but this post is loaded with some goodies).  Why?

I'm busy.

I'm balancing my family with my businesses.  I'm constantly weighing where my time is best (most efficiently) spent based on my priorities. I'm trying to not to see my kids as blogging distractions.  It's the age-old struggle of trying to be your own person while caring for everyone else and hoping no one suffers, including you.

I am cleaning my house and asking for help when I need it.

I am caring for friends in need.

I am going on field trips with my oldest daughter and planning birthday playdates for my youngest.

I am organizing.  I am de-cluttering my own home.

I am keeping a health log because I want to know why my blood pressure has been a little high.  And I'm getting old.

I am meal planning and cooking all while shopping for a new range because my oven is not heating anymore.  I guess that happens when your oven is 22 years old.

I am missing our International student who returned to Pakistan.  Matters of the heart do wear you out.


I am trying to focus on budgeting and staying within that budget and also learning to forgive myself when I don't live within my own healthy boundaries.

I am not missing any soccer games.


And honestly, blogging takes a lot of time.  A reader sits down and devours a post in 5 minutes.  But the blogger has taken photos, edited photos, added text (website info so no one steals your photo), makes photo collages, has organized  her photos, plotted the story, written the story and edited the story (and gets mad at herself for still missing typos), schedules the post, then shares it on all the social sites she can.  Because let's face it, if you've spent an hour or more on a blog post, you want lots of people to read it.  Otherwise, what is the point?  When you say yes to something (writing a post), you say no to something else (spending time with your kid, cleaning, paying bills etc.).

This is the life of a mommy-blogger.  Not every mommy-blogger, but this one for sure.  I am sure most of you can relate to the push and pull in life.  I love sitting down to blog.  I hate feeling like my kids are a distraction because they are not, they are people, and are more important.  I love sharing ideas with you and sharing spaces we have made better for our clients, I hate the frustration of dealing with software that freezes on me half way through my photo work (no water marks on these photos - I'm done fighting with software today).

That is some of why the content has been light. When I say yes to something, I am saying no to something else and there is only room for so much.  And that is all okay.  When you try to go full-tilt at everything and don't say no to anything you burn out and no one gets the best of you, everyone just gets shattered pieces.  Life is too short to live stressed.  


Simply Organized is still here helping families in Northwest Arkansas live more simple lives with less stuff.  We are still here helping you love your homes and life.  

Are you a blog reader?  Leave a comment for your favorite bloggers thanking them for impacting you.  Most bloggers don't make a single dime for their efforts and hearing from readers is the only compensation they receive so hearing from you can make their day.  Social share posts you like, it's helpful to bloggers.  Do what you can to support those that help and inspire you.

Sites I love:
Natalie Creates
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheClassicButterfly
 
Recipe For Crazy
 
http://unclutterer.com/

My latest book suggestion:

Get more info at Amazon.
And an incredible article everyone should read and live by:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...