By Holly Anderson Shacklett, co-owner of Simply Organized of NWA
With the holidays coming up, the kids will likely be using their craft supplies even more with projects and cards. Here are a few tips for getting everything organized so it will be easier to access everything in a hurry.
1. Toss flimsy boxes and put drawing and coloring tools into lidded boxes or bins.
2. Separate supplies for easier access. We mostly use ziploc bags for this – which don’t photograph well. We have a bag for glue sticks, one for stickers, one for pipe cleaners etc. All of those are corralled together into one cute cube.
3. Keep craft paper upright and together by standing up in a cube, sorted and stored in large plastic envelopes,accordian files or stacking trays.
4. Don’t bother saving every free crayon!
5. Keep a vinyl tablecloth or newspaper with the art supplies!- See more at: http://nwamotherlode.com/?s=holly+shacklett#sthash.L4Ry9ykB.dpuf
Thank you NWAMotherlode.com for publishing my articles throughout the year!
Before leaving work:
1. File papers, empty trash can, and put things away.
2. Look at your calendar for tomorrow and prepare - even if that means just mentally preparing.
3. Prioritize your tasks for the next day.
4. Take only what you truly need home, or nothing.
While at home:
5. Decide what to wear tomorrow. Since you already know what is on your calendar you know how to dress appropriately for the next day.
6. Get up 15 minutes earlier than you already do.
2. When you clean up from supper set up for breakfast.
3. Prepare meals for the next day. This may simply be mental preparation. Even just having a plan for tomorrow's meals puts you ahead of the game. If you can prepare lunches then do that, if you can't totally prepare them, know what you will eat and if you have what you need on hand.
4. Look at your calendar - don't just think you know what tomorrow looks like - really check out your calendar so you don't miss something.
5. Decide what to wear for tomorrow.
6. Set your alarm to be up before everyone else even if it's just for 15 minutes.