well working appliances = simplicity

I mentioned to my husband last week that we either need to clean out the dryer vent or buy a new dryer.  I also mentioned that cleaning out the dryer vent was cheaper.  We added on to our home about 6 years ago and the vent had never been cleaned.  

We recently bought a new water heater at Lowe's and we both noticed a gadget that was designed to help you clean long dryer vents.  When my husband asked me to go back and get it I ran, as I know he does not enjoy being our handy man and this window of opportunity was small.  

The next day I was running errands and I came home to him using said gadget.  We were amazed when we opened up the shop vac.  It was so full of lint. He was so impressed he felt it was worth the time and effort.  



I'm posting this today to remind you to get this important job done.  Why is it important?
  1. You will cut down drying time if your vent is clean, which saves money and energy.
  2. Dyer fires - I don't need any more reasons!
When our appliances work well it helps us live more simple lives doesn't it?  It takes a lot longer to dry out your clothes on the line.  It takes a lot longer for a dyer to get your clothes dry if the dryer vent is clogged.  It's as simple as that.

Here's more info on how and why you need to clean out your dryer vent.

Here is the kit I bought:
And did you know there are a few ways you can recycle lint?  I simply used it as mulch in flower pots.  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...