Minimalist clothing

Every once in a while I run across a blog that truly inspires me.  I love learning new ways to look at daily tasks, new ways to revamp a system, and love when someone urges me more toward simplicity.

Simplicity does not come natural me.  I love variety, especially when it comes to my wardrobe.  I simply like lots of choices and I like mixing and matching what's in my closet, even though you'll usually find me in shorts and a Life Is Good t-shirt.

Thanks to my excessive use of Instagram, I discovered Un-Fancy.
Every three months she creates a new capsule wardrobe.  I was not moved to create my own capsule wardrobe, although it's fun to see what she chooses to wear for the next three months.

What did make me pause was the fact that she rotates her wardrobe every three months.  It was a light bulb moment for me because I only do this twice a year, which is inefficient.  I mean what I wear in the Spring I am no longer wearing in July and yet it sits out for me to move around and fumble with. It makes so much sense to do this every three months and that also means more opportunity to cull the closet.  And so I did a little bit of that.


And my husband saw my pile of clothes on the floor, asked what I was doing, then he did the same thing!  I struggle to get him to get rid of anything, but he doubled my pile!  I was so proud of him.  


Spend some time at Un-Fancy and read how it makes her feel.

There are some fun creative things going on in the blog world and with home delivery sites when it comes to simplicity and fashion.  Have you heard of Gwynniebee?  What about StitchFix?  These are great services to try out styles and they come right to your door.

What about you?  Have you read a super inspiring blog lately?  Have you used Gwynniebee or StitchFix?  Have you liked the service?

I'm pretty excited to start rotating my closet every three months.  I like how much room is on this hanging rod!
P.S.  I'm sorry my photos are so bad.  I haven't the slightest clue how to photograph in a dark closet!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...