Thanks for the Liebster Award!

Simply Organized received a Liebster Award.  Thank you Creative Outpour!

About the award:  Liebster is German for sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing & welcome.This award is passed from Blogger to Blogger. It’s an award for bloggers with under 200 subscribers & is to encourage each other that they are doing a great job & to keep it up!  Sweet right?

Along with the award, there are 11 questions that were asked to help your readers get to know you better. Here are my answers below:

1.    Why did you start blogging?

My first blog started in 2006 when I became a Mom.  It was a blog focused on my child - from the voice of my child.  In 2008 I, Holly, started this blog as a means to support my organizing business.  I wanted it to serve as a dual purpose: a website where people can find a Professional Organizing business and a place to educate about organizing.  When people have a passion for something they simply want to share that.  Blogging is a fun way to do that.

2. What is your favorite book?

My favorite book is A Prayer For Owen  Meany by John Irving.  I seldom read novels because I can't make myself sit still, even though I long to be the person so throws off responsibility to hide in a good story.  I have found myself reading this one over again a few times because there is so much richness in this story.  I fell in the love with Owen and his BF.  The first time I finished the book I found myself constantly asking, "I wonder what Owen would think of this situation and what he would say."  I was truly sad when this book ended.

I also love Portofino by Frank Schaffer.  Identifying with Calvin Becker in Portofino is easy for those who grew up fundamentalist, but are no longer in that particular camp.  I like to read this when I take a cruise vacation.  There's quite a few references about the food Calvin eats in Portofino and of course this family is on a beach vacation.  

Both of these novels are at the top of my list because I laughed a lot in spite of the challenges these boys face.  And I find it odd that my two favorite books are focused on boys, which I know very little about.  I love the spiritual journey each boy is on - these are not books you would find in your regular Christian book store.  These are more real life accounts of characters finding truth.  If I had a son I think I would enjoy these books even more.

You'll be able to find these fantastic novels at your local library.


My favorite organizing books are
It's All Too Much by Peter Walsh

Throw Out Fifty Things by Gail Blanke

Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider

A book that is just so very good for my soul?  Traveling Mercies by Anne Lamott



3. What makes you laugh out loud?

Do you know me at all?  Seriously, I am known world-wide for my large laugh.  I am easy going and laugh a lot! 

At this stage in my life my children ages 7 and 3 make me laugh the most.  My three year old is a goofy little comic.

5. Who would play you in a movie?

Can I pass on this questions?  I simply don't know.  My husband says Kate Winslett for Titanic reasons.    My hair dresser says my face is shaped like Jenna Elfman.  But it's Natalie Manes of The Dixie Chicks that most resembles me - and she's even short!

6. How long have you been blogging?

7 years and there is still, obviously, so much still do not understand!

7. What time of the day do you write?

I try to write on Mondays.  I often write when I am inspired which is after the kids are in bed.  Or really, I'm just trying to write when I have time and no one thinks they need something from me - which gives me very little time.  

8. What is the most annoying song in the universe?

I just can't stand songs that repeat the same thing over and over.  I mean, I'm not an idiot, I get it, can we move on already?  I can't listen to Aaron Neville or the Beegees without my skin crawling and my eyes rolling.  

9. What part of your home is your favorite?

I love that my husband and I truly believe we will only have bought one home in our entire lives.  One!  We bought our house in 2002. We added 500 square feet in 2008 making our home a whopping 1777 square feet.  

I love our living room for it's openness to the kitchen and dining room. And there's a large "laugh" sign above my TV :)

I like my pantry.

I like my laundry room.
But I love Lucy's room most.

10. What is your favorite recipe?

I don't have one.  I'm notorious for constantly trying something new, which I do all the time with Tastefully Simple products!  

11. What is your favorite season?

Spring!

Today I am passing this Liebster Award onto ...
I honestly don't read a lot of blogs.  And those I do frequent have a big readership.  The Liebster is for us little guys.  

So hop on over to Mulling Spices and The Vintage Butterfly for some thoughtful words on life.  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...