Storage ideas to inspire you.

I don't know about you but our master bedroom is one of the hardest rooms for us to keep clean and organized. I think it's because we are so stinkin' tired by the time we end the day in here.

What I like: 1. The storage bench at the end of the bed! - that can store a lot of blankets and linens. 2. The tall dresser/lingerie chest! - It takes up less floor space than a wider version. 3. The simple box shelves above the bed! - Simple to make and a great way to store all kinds of things. I'm thinking of stealing this idea to store some DVDs in the living room. While I prefer to stow them away, my husband has a few that he likes to display.

I love furniture that pulls double duty.

What I like: These bookshelves that serve as storage and table tops for display. I love a coffee table that has drawers, or a shelf that can store baskets. I also have an ottoman in my living room that stores toys! Love it!

I think you can use a dresser in just about any room. I've had one in my kitchen for years (and I'm using one in my living room now to store numerous CDs and movies and our TV). It stores towels, snacks, tupperware, and some miscellaneous stuff. It's big enough and a great height that it also holds my microwave.

What I like: 1. The tall dresser/lingerie chest. It's a great option for a narrow space. 2. The bookcase behind the table. It's a great place to store pretty stuff. If you used baskets on the shelf you could store cloth napkins and other dining linens. That's what I do.

We can't all have mudrooms now can we? But we all need a space for each of us to drop our jackets and purses until tomorrow.

What I like: 1. Each person has a cubby and a basket. And there's a bench to sit on too. I don't have a staircase where I could build in cubbies. But I do have hooks in my entryway. I have some lower ones for the kiddos. I disdain shoes in the entry, so a basket works. I just don't feel like a big pile of shoes is very welcoming do you? The key to making something like this work is making sure everyone goes through their basket on a regular basis, same for the rest of the cubby. I try to do this weekly. 2. The table. It's a great place for those non-purse carriers to store their keys and such until tomorrow.

There's nothing I like more than red and white polka dots. It just sings happy to me. So of course I love this next photo. Kids need space to create and do homework. You can use a corner, a closet, or any wall space.

What I like: The desk can fold flat against the wall making it a great option for any wall. I love the bar attached to the wall with the containers of supplies because it frees up the flat work space. P.S. Don't forget a light...this one needs one.

*All photos from All You Magazine

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...